Re: [Swftools-common] Getting page count from SWF

From: Serdar Sahin
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Getting page count from SWF
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:17:50 +1100

Thanks all!

I am using Perl when processing files. I tried SWF::Parser, but no luck. It did not give any frame count value. I can use swfdump, that's enough for me, thanks.

I am just wondering, is it possible that pdf2swf may produce different frame count than pdf's page count?

When you use pdt2swf to convert a pdf, then the resulting swf usually has
one frame per page.  So, the total number of pages equals the total number
frames.

You are saying "usually", is that correct? Is there even a slim chance that pdf2swf may produce different frame count? I will be processing hundreds of thousands files, it is good to know for me. :)

Thanks a lot again,

Serdar