Re: [Swftools-common] Getting page count from SWF

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Getting page count from SWF
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:19:26 +0000

>Ricardo Pedroso wrote:
>You can get the total frames, also, with: swfdump -f file.swf In python you
>c...

Shows how much attention I pay sometimes,   Thought it was a strange
omission...  looked
at 'swfdump  --help' and still couldn't see the b***** obvious!  ;o)

> I am using Perl when processing files. I tried SWF::Parser, but no luck. It
> did not give any frame count value. I can use swfdump, that's enough for me,

It's old I know, but last time I tried that particular Perl Module, it
seemed to work aok.
Are you sure you are defining your callback function(s) correctly?
Care to post your
Perl code?

>> When you use pdt2swf to convert a pdf, then the resulting swf usually has
>> one frame per page.  So, the total number of pages equals the total number
>> frames.

> You are saying "usually", is that correct? Is there even a slim chance that
> pdf2swf may produce different frame count? I will be processing hundreds of
> thousands files, it is good to know for me. :)

I'm not really a pdf2swf user, so was simply being careful.  I think
that is the default,
though am sure it could be changed if necessary.  One would need to  check the
available command flags, in both current stable and development snapshots to
see.

Regards,

Chris.