Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0

From: Lists
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 22:21:54 +0000

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:54:30 +0100
Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden> wrote:

> The whole timeline may be copyrighted and, at least, I cannot release
> the swfc script under the GPLv3 (it has been released under that
> license from another project) without requiring any presentation
> generated from that swfc script to be released under the GPLv3.

Which project?  (Scratches head.. is this your RaccoonShow thing? )

Write a script ( from scratch)?

> There is another potential copyright issue. As stupid as it may sound,
> the transition time list can be considered eligible for copyright
> protection, since it may express the work of a creative judgment.

Surely this is down to an individual's personal choice, as to how they
license the output from a piece of software?  Be it artwork, music, or
( I'd venture rather tenously in this instance ) a transition time list.

> If
> this is so (which is by no means clear), I’d like to avoid messing
> with other people’s copyrights.

Then don't!

> But I think Flash is the way to go (at least for now).

There's always the use of the Gnash Player, if your demands are not too
complicated?

   https://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

Regards,

Chris.