Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0

From: Lists
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:43:48 +0000

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:56:20 +0100
Pablo Rodríguez <address@hidden> wrote:

> > That is merely attempted obfuscation of the original time-line data.
> > It doesn't exactly resolve the licensing issue.
>
> Do you think it’s obfuscation? I think it’s only separation.

I think I was using it in the context of putting the data in a format
not all would understand, and tucking it out of sight.

> > .. and the source data along with the result of the compilation
> > using it, could be considered someone's artistic endeavour.
> >
> >> I think this can solve the issue (at least from the perspective of
> >> the user).
> >
> > Does it?
>
> Maybe (or perhaps) not. I have to analyze this.

Which will win out, the chicken or the egg? ;o)

> But even if it doesn’t solve the problem, I think it would be easier
> to write a GPL exception to this.

To be fair.. I have got a tad lost myself now!  A basic question on
embedding a textile into an swf and reading it from Actionscript,
has turned into a full blow epic on Copyright!   Maybe a little
separation is what's required after all..

FTT if you please..

Chris.