[Synaptic-devel] Re: apt_preferences and Synaptic

From: Gustavo Niemeyer
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Re: apt_preferences and Synaptic
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:09:56 -0300

> > Hummm.. it looks like we have a broken algorithm here. Does it install
> > the right package if you go and ask Synaptic to install whatever it
> > has "available"?
>
> Nope; unfortunately it doesn't.

Can you please double-check that affirmation, installing the same
package with apt-get and synaptic? The later seems to use the internal
apt-pkg library algorithms in that part, so it would be really weird
if it resulted in a different package being installed.

Thanks for helping.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]