Re: KDE helpcenter integration - Re: [Synaptic-devel] No help for KDE us

From: Richard Bos
Subject: Re: KDE helpcenter integration - Re: [Synaptic-devel] No help for KDE users
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:04:19 +0100

Op maandag 26 januari 2004 09:04, schreef Sebastian Heinlein:
> 1. Can anybody access the synaptic manual through the scrollkeeper
> feature of khelpcenter?
>
> Open khelpcenter and choose "Scrollkeeper|System|Synaptic Manual" in the
> left pane.

I don't have Scrollkeeper in  the left Pane (kde-3.1).  In kde-3.2 I have it,
but it is empty.

> My khelpcenter (3.1.5 on Debian Unstable and Debian Woody) refuses to
> display the help and shows the kde help instead.
>

> 2. Can anybody open the help via the command line?
>
> khelpcenter file:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/C/synaptic.xml
>
> (the path maybe be different on other systems.
> /opt/gnome/share/help/synaptic/C/synaptic.xml should be the SuSE path,
> but haven't tried this)
>
> The result on my system is a dialog that pop ups and asks me for an
> application to open the xml file with.

It opens here with kxmleditor (kde-3.1)
In kde-3.2 it shows interpreted xml code.  So there are no tags, but only the
text that is normally encapsulated within the tags.

In kde-3.1 I get the error message: unknown protocol "ghelp".

What I did more is: I used the script 'meinproc' to convert the xml format to
html and after that used khelpcenter <file:'created index.html> and than I
was able to show the docu.  The result can be found here:
http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/synaptic.jpg.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless