[Synaptic-devel] Reinstall support (patch)

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Reinstall support (patch)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:43:34 +0200

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 18:55, Michael Vogt wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 06:25:56PM +0200, Andrey Tarassov wrote:
> > Hi!
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your feedback!
>
> > I've looked deeper into apt's features and found certain things that
> > could implemented in synaptic as well. For example, I find it very
> > useful to have a possibility to reinstall packages. I have encountered
> > situations a couple of times when this feature helped me a lot, so I
> > think synaptic users would be interested in it as well.
>
> Right. I added this to my todo list. It's probably not a big
> issue. Please don't expect it too soon as we currently working a new
> gui layout and so are pretty busy :)

Since you are busy and I had nothing better to do this evening... :)
The attached patch implements package reinstall option for Synaptic.
Sorry it's against 0.47 but I have hard time getting 0.48 to build and
the svn-head is a bit too much in state of flux at the moment to know
what crashes were introduced by me and what was there already :)

Can/will redo against a newer version if necessary once things stabilize
in head a bit.

Oh and tested on FC1, didn't notice anything breaking but knock wood...

        - Panu -