Re: [Synaptic-devel] Plural Gettext

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Plural Gettext
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:19:05 +0100

Am Do, den 29.01.2004 schrieb Jean-Michel POURE um 16:18:
> Dear friends,
>
> English verbs ending with 'ed' like:
>
> - Installed
> - Not installed
> - Queued
> etc...
>
> may need plural Gettext (I don't know enough Gettext plural to be sure).
>
> Depending on singular or plural:
> Installed = Installé (singular) or Installés (Plural)
>
> The same happens for all verbs in French.

Dear Jean-Michel,

you are right, but we don't use the passive in a case of uncertain/mixed
singular or plural form. The status always refers to a single package. I
could not find a case in which an "installed" is used for both plural
and singular.

So perhaps we should discuss single cases and make the strings/ui clear
on them.

Regards,

Sebastian