tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] fldigi & tlf

From: Wilbert Knol
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] fldigi & tlf
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 21:49:52 +0100

> > Do neither of those two programs work with Wine?

Just tried it here. No go, but plenty of error messages. I am calling N1MM
with wine version 0.9.44 from a native Win-XP partition. N1MM works OK under
XP.

There are several contest loggers now for Linux. From a CW op's viewpoint, the
only thing wrong with all of them - including my on qle - is with the CW
buffering. You can't edit a callsign as it is being sent. Well, you can...but
the typed-ahead changes don't make it through into the CW being sent.

So...you must have the full, correct callsign all typed out before you can
come back to the DX. This often adds to the pregnant pause you hear with a
lot of contesters.

The nice thing about CT, TR etc is that you can just type in a partial prefix,
hit the reply key (F5, whatever) and get the show on the road. The callsign
can be completed as the CW goes out, as long as you stay ahead.

How this can be implemented under Linux I am not sure. I guess changes would
need to be made to cwdaemon, and perhaps a near real-time kernel is needed...
Another solution is to move cwdaemon to hardware (winkey) or, preferably, an
open-source version of winkey.

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ