tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - v0.002 release :)

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - v0.002 release :)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 15:43:14 +0100

Hi Ervin,

Am Mon, 4 Nov 2013 09:48:57 +0100
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs <address@hidden>:

> > - I had planned to code a native fldigi interface in spring but as
> > it was a busy year here it is still on the todo list. I planned to
> > add a new FLDIGI keyword and use the socket interface for
> > communication. The old GMFSK mechanism will be gone in fldigi in
> > some time.
>
> what do think about this, when do you implement this socket
> interface? Do you need any help?

Help will be useful. But I fear implementation can only be done here in
next 1..2 month. At the moment there is no urgent need for it, we can
use the old GMFSK interface for now.

But we should discuss that in a separate thread.

> I'm afraid I don't have enough time to finish to merge the QTC's
> with QSO's in Cabrillo till WAEDC-RTTY contest (to this weekend),
> if somebody could help me, I appreciate it :). First, I will
> implement the message sending, then handling the receive of
> QTC's.

I can have a look into it near the end of the week. Luckily we need the
Cabrillo formatting only after the contest for preparation of the final
log.

Main question is how you store the QTC send/receive information. With
the new Cabrillo handling in place it should be not too difficult to
extend it for the QTC's.

73, de Tom DL1JBE.
--
"Do what is needful!"