tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - v0.002 release :)

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - v0.002 release :)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 16:40:22 +0100

Hi Ervin,

Am Mon, 4 Nov 2013 16:07:12 +0100
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:

> > I can have a look into it near the end of the week. Luckily we need
> > the Cabrillo formatting only after the contest for preparation of
> > the final log.
>
> I agree - but I don't know, if somebody wants to use the Tlf at
> this weekend, how does it trust me/us, before it could try the
> full version? :)

What needs to be trusted is that tlf stores all information correctly.
How we prepare them later to send them in is another question. In the
worst case we can format a normal cabrillo log without QTC and insert
the QTC's with some scripting or by hand.

> > Main question is how you store the QTC send/receive information.
> > With the new Cabrillo handling in place it should be not too
> > difficult to extend it for the QTC's.
>
> QTC's (sent and received) stored in two separated files. If you
> set up the waedc as contest, Tlf will generate them. If you send
> or receive maximum 10 QTC to/from a station, it will be stored in
> QTC_send.log or QTC_recv.log, in a _very_ simple form.

Ok.

> Yesterday I looked up the writecabrillo.c, and I saw Tlf use
> cabrillo.frm. I didn't find any format standard for QTC, which
> contains length of fields - I think the nice solution should be
> we make a QTC format in cabrillo.frm, and writecabrillo.c uses
> that. The short (and not an elegant) solution is skip the use of
> formula, and just merge as "raw" formula.

Until now there was no plan (and no need for QTC's. But is relatively
easy to extend the parser to recognize a QTC format line and prepare
the QTC information accordingly.

That was one of the main reasons to choose that format in cabrillo.fmt.

73, de Tom

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea