tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - v0.002 release :)

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - v0.002 release :)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 10:49:37 +0100

hello,

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 09:04:26AM +0000, FS wrote:
> Yes, that could work. Lets say, the user enters the the series
> number like xx/xx, and the QRV message is sent, TLF is triggered to
> take everyting in a pattern like, by grabing it from gMFSK.log:
> tttt cccccc nnn
> time call   number

Till I looked the examples of QTC, especially RTTY mode, I found
this (very good) summary:

http://www.guernsey.net/~pcooper/waedc.html

On this page the author said there are several forms of QTC:

"So, you will end up with something like this:
001/10
0012 G3URA 049
0013/AA5AU/056
0014-RA9FOE-012
etc for ten lines."

So, the separator sign should be " " (space), "/" (slash), "-"
(hyphen/minus) character. That's no problem, but it would be nice
to know, is there any other formula to separate the fields, or
operators (and softares) only uses these?

I think I can handle all or them above.

> I a not aware if they send in RTTY shortend versions, like two
> figures for the time, or so.

I don't know that too... :)

> Maybe the user could be asked if he
> wants to accept it, if yes a ROGER is send otherwise a PSE REPEAT.

Hmmm... I'm not sure is it a good solution. Otherwise, if
somebody had WAEDC-RTTY, and received many QTC's, please confirm
that: anybody (or any software) uses the different formula that
listed above, or not?

thanks, 73:

Ervin
HA2OS