tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf QTC receive pre-final

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf QTC receive pre-final
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 19:09:11 +0100

Hello Fred, and list,

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 04:37:15PM +0100, Fred Siegmund wrote:
> Ervin, i would not skip the automatic read in completely.

ahm', ok, I agree,

> But it
> needs to be more robust. From a users perspective
> i need need all possible commands visible as help. See
> http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/WAEDC
> May be the programme can look for QTC: xx/xx automatically, but it
> needs to be confirmed by the user if the read in should
> start.

I think you mean the auto capture should be dropped - I don't
know, I think it should be discussed with other users, who wants
to use Tlf as RTTY contest program (with QTC). May be it could be
just configurable?

> Right now i have many errors while the programme starts this
> process on its own.

It would be very good to make some notes about these errors -
until the contest I started to keep my notes about the Tlf, and
especially the QTC handling. And when I heard a QTC block, I just
simple copied it and saved - I think it will be our help. If you
are using Tlf, just save the RTTY.log and gMFSK.log, those
contains all traffic.

So, it's very important that I could reproduce the problems, and
for that please make some notes and send to me.

> Or better concentrate on CW QTCs :-)) Should be easier (for the programme).

I think the main concept is a good way - I sent a few QTC's, and
that works very well, easy to use, and confortable.

To receive the QTC's by hand (CW and SSB) could also usable in my
opinion, but the RTTY is a very specially mode: too much QRM, too
much interference, and the result will an unparsable dollop - just
see this:

QTC: 17/109
1512-G0MBA-08.10#$(9FEV-085
1517-SM3DXC-006
1517-DC9ZP-265
1519-LX7I-806
18#$'1XT-002
1523-DJ6TK-267
1524-ON7LUAEPW
QTWTADL7FBDQHHPPPDL9GWA-067

With the read received QTC's from an external file (current
version) is a usable - but you're right, it's very important to
know the shortcuts. I received a few QTC's with some smaller
discomfort, I will try to fix them - after the discussion.

But the next contest - as I know - where QTC are used is the
WAEDC CW in 2014 (in august?), I think we have enough time to
make an excellent contest software :)

73,

Ervin
HA2OS