toutdoux-list

[ToutDoux-list] Re: toutdoux translations, discussing

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [ToutDoux-list] Re: toutdoux translations, discussing
Date: 25 Mar 2003 13:42:25 +0100

> My intent was never to have a discussion! My intent was to have a simple
> answer on the question "are you fine with using the TP or do you want to
> use the GTP?", in order to know what to do with the existing
> translations and where to direct interested translators in the future.
> Discussing general project plans is up to the maintainers, my interest
> is just what translation project Toutdoux will use and a simple answer
> to that question.
>
> It seems we finally have an answer (and I will send you a tarball with
> the existing translations in a seperate mail), but it's very sad that it
> had to take so much unnecessary discussion to get a simple answer.
> Toutdoux is not the only non-GNOME-cvs application that we are removing
> from the GTP in order to not to conflict with the TP, but all other
> maintainers that have replied managed to do so with simple answers,
> telling me that it was ok for them to use the TP, that their application
> was dead, or that they would move to GNOME cvs.

I'm not ToutDoux maintainer at all. That's why I was unable to give
you a simple and definitive answer.

However, I answered to your first  message (link below) to
        - tell you what may be Philippe's position (that he confirmed
          later)
        - give you his valid email address

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/toutdoux-list/2003-02/msg00000.html

That said, I still do not think this message requires only a simple
boolean answer. I tried to tell you for instance that your "1)" is not
so obvious and tried to demonstrate that what you wrote can be exactly
right in others circonstances too, outside GNOME. You are free to care
about that or not. I do care, that's why I expressed my point of view.

In some way, it's similar to talking about using BitKeeper. For some
persons, it's just a technical choice and discussions are
unnecessary. For others, it have important implications.
Do not think that I associate spiritually someone with BitKeeper,
that's not the point. It's just one example that shows that some
people think some things need to be discussed while others do
absolutely not.

Finally, the tarball should be sent to Philippe directly, at
address@hidden
I'll tell him to check his mail the next time I got him on the phone,
if he doesn't do it before.

That's all for me.
Regards,

--