toutdoux-list

[ToutDoux-list] Re: toutdoux translations and translation projects (20/

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [ToutDoux-list] Re: toutdoux translations and translation projects (20/02/2003)
Date: 19 Mar 2003 17:57:45 +0100

> You are taken that as we are GNOME vs. GNU and it's not this way.
> Christian only told you the same you said:
>
> <quote>
> > Important GNU projects should be in the GNU cvs anyway; there are many
> > other development benefits of using the same cvs for software under
> > the same project umbrella.
>
> There's no need to play word games here. If you don't think your
> software is GNOME software (and hence don't want to use GNOME cvs) but
> rather fits better in the wider GNU arena and on Savannah, just tell me
> that, and that you hence want to use the Translation Project. I'm just
> trying to list the translation project options here; there's no need to
> feel offended. Just tell me what you want and which translation project
> you'd like to use, so we know what we should do with the existing
> translations and where we should direct translators in the future.
> </quote>
>
> You said that important GNU projects should be in GNU cvs because it's
> better to centralice all modules under the same umbrella.

When I said that, I was copying the original Christian's message by
replacing GNOME by GNU.
This is not a "word games" or whatever.

> It's true

And it's true in both cases (GNU and GNOME). That's my point.

> , It's what we are doing with GNOME modules because this way we can
> fix usability/i18n/integration problems easily and improve
> GNOME. But if you think that the those improvements for toutdoux
> will be better at GNU cvs, it's fine. No problem, just use your own
> Translation project because we cannot handle it easily. We don't
> want to be a savannah competitor we only want to improve
> GNOME. Personally I really love savannah so please don't take this
> issue as an attack.

I have nothing against the fact that GNOME creates a development
platform, as kde, debian, redhat done before. A contrario, I think
it's a good idea.

My message was just a clarification.

--
Mathieu Roy