tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Files in scripts directory

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Files in scripts directory
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:00:49 +0200

2007/6/22, Olivier BONHOMME <address@hidden>:
Hello,

I am updating the patch code but I need precisions about 3 more files
which are located in the /usr/scripts that didn't appear in the list
(list generated with the rpm -qpl command) because a post installation
operation is done if the RPM is used.

These files are :

/usr/scripts/tsp.sh
/usr/scripts/tsp.csh
/usr/scripts/tsp.pc

Frederik and I thought that the shell scripts should be in the share
directory but we are not sure for the tsp.pc file. Should it be in the
share directory or directely installed in the /usr/lib/pkgconfig directory ?

Yes that true tsp.pc is made for pkgconfig usage so
/usr/lib/pkgconfig is the appropriate place
(on unix/linux, on windows I don't know)
if we put tsp.pc elsewhere it won't be found by pkg-config automatically.

In order to check whether if it's properly installed you
just have to execute

pkg-config --libs tsp
or
pkg-config --cflags tsp

tsp.sh and tsp.csh
are scripts which were made to be put in

/etc/profile.d/

in order to set up PATH, LIBRARY_PATH and STRACE_DEBUG to
appropriate values on any user login.

Now that tsp will be installed in "standard" places those files
are almost of no use (besides STRACE_DEBUG)
I would place them in /usr/share/tsp/scripts
before we throw them away when we are confident they are useless.

--
Erk