vampire-public

Re: [Vampire-public] Comments about recent news & some ideas about the f

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: [Vampire-public] Comments about recent news & some ideas about the future
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:43:37 +0100

>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

 >> So what's the point? We would like to share the host informations
 >> for Olena and Transformers.

 > Actually, it seems to me that another critical feature would be to
 > have Vampire probe the machines to set up this configuration file.  I
 > don't trust users for this.

It would be most valuable to capitalize over the experience of the
Condor group, who faced the very same issue.  They have found a
solution, which is probably satisfying.  Making something different
would have to be justified.

Please, read

    http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/4_1Condor_s_ClassAd.html

    4.1 Condor's ClassAd Mechanism

    ClassAds are a flexible mechanism for representing the
    characteristics and constraints of machines and jobs in the Condor
    system. ClassAds are used extensively in the Condor system to
    represent jobs, resources, submitters and other Condor daemons. An
    understanding of this mechanism is required to harness the full
    flexibility of the Condor system.