vampire-public

Re: [Vampire-public] Comments about recent news & some ideas about the f

From: Maxime Biais
Subject: Re: [Vampire-public] Comments about recent news & some ideas about the future
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:35:13 +0100

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:01:17 +0100
Akim Demaille <address@hidden> wrote:

> Actually, it seems to me that another critical feature would be to
> have Vampire probe the machines to set up this configuration file.  I
> don't trust users for this.
>
> I don't think we need something like the Autoconf machinery, a simple,
> robust, and generic parsing of -v, --version, -V etc. should suffice.

Maybe we can write "Vampire configurator 3000" that will use the Autoconf
"library" to get software version and probe hosts and host softwares to
generate the configuration file.

> I like your plan a lot, but the main issues will be... who will
> implement this?  Who still has time to devote to Vampire?

Personally I have a lot of work but I want to continue working on Vampire.
(I already told you this 6 months ago and I did not work on Vampire
since...)

--
Maxime Biais