viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Key bindings - minor reorganization

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] Key bindings - minor reorganization
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:00:23 -0000

On 4/28/2011 7:31 PM, Robert Marshall wrote:

One key binding which I would like to be more inaccessible is
vm-auto-archive-messages maybe  it is not so much a trap for a new user
but I have lots of things in vm-auto-folder-alist and I only want to run
auto-archive infrequently and *never* on anything other than the INBOX.

Once you accidentally hit A there's no way back.....well apart from the
hard drive backup

Hi Rob, I am sympathetic but I am not a regular user of auto-archive. So I don't really feel confident about the issue.

I do see that typing 'A' involves using at least two fingers (unless CAPS LOCK is turned on :-), which is a bit less accident-prone than just typing 'e'.

I can however add a confirmation dialogue to be gone through before the auto-archive kicks in. (I guess I would also need a variable to override the confirmation dialogue!)

Cheers,
Uday