viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Key bindings - minor reorganization

From: Goran Uddeborg
Subject: Re: [VM] Key bindings - minor reorganization
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:00:17 -0000

Den 2011-04-27 skrev Uday Reddy <address@hidden>:
> I have finally gathered up enough courage to do something about VM key
> bindings.

I can easily imagine it took some time to gather that much courage!
It's probably a very good way to, eh, start a discussion!  :-)

> There will be a function `vm-optional-keys' which
> will reinstall all the key bindings that will be removed.

Maybe it should have a name that more clearly marks it as a
compatibility feature?  Something like vm-compatibility-bindings or
vm-legacy-keybindings or something like that?

> e    vm-edit-message        Infrequent, and also mildly dangerous

This is actually not too infrequent for me.  The most common reason I
use it is to correct the MIME encoding information.  It is
unfortunately still the case too often that sending programs omit this
information, or insert the wrong information.

> Please let me know if you seriously disagree with any of these decisions.

I don't think I'd say I "seriously disagree".  I know my way around in
elisp well enough to add that, and only that, binding back.  Or maybe
I will just change my habit and do M-x instead.

But I wanted to let you know that there is at least one user for which
that binding is used more often than "infrequently".