viewmail-info

Re: [VM] Key bindings - minor reorganization

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: [VM] Key bindings - minor reorganization
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:00:23 -0000

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011, address@hidden wrote:

> I have finally gathered up enough courage to do something about VM key
> bindings.  VM uses up almost all keys that can be typed easily and
> assigns them to some function or other.  These keys get documented in
> the manual and become standardized, blocking future expansion and user
> customization.  So, the first step seems to be to remove some of the
> inessential key bindings from the standard VM set-up and let users
> bind them as they wish.  There will be a function `vm-optional-keys'
> which will reinstall all the key bindings that will be removed.  It
> can be easily invoked from the vm-preferences-file so that users can
> retain the old bindings if they wish.

> <snip>
> Please let me know if you seriously disagree with any of these decisions.

One key binding which I would like to be more inaccessible is
vm-auto-archive-messages maybe  it is not so much a trap for a new user
but I have lots of things in vm-auto-folder-alist and I only want to run
auto-archive infrequently and *never* on anything other than the INBOX.

Once you accidentally hit A there's no way back.....well apart from the
hard drive backup

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/