[vile] I've got my 'wide' characters display problem back - in 9.7z

From: Chris G
Subject: [vile] I've got my 'wide' characters display problem back - in 9.7z
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:39:23 +0000

I have recently moved to vile 9.7z and have got my problem with
extended characters not displaying properly back again.

I.e. the problem is that things like accented characters and pound
signs (UK currency) display within vile as wierd sequences like:-

    UK pound - \u00A3
    e acute - \u00E9
    e grave - \u00E8

This time I *have* compiled with:-

    ./configure --with-perl --with-screen=ncursesw

Locale settings are all en_GB.UTF-8, platform is xubuntu 9.10 with
2.6.31-17-generic kernel.

The characters are actually correct, it's just their display in vile
that's wrong.

--
Chris Green