Re: [vile] I've got my 'wide' characters display problem back - in 9.7z

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] I've got my 'wide' characters display problem back - in 9.7z
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:30:52 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 07:01:17 -0500
Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

I see this is a case discussed before - vile is looking for a locale that
isn't installed.  But that was a while back.  Here's a first cut for a
new feature that addresses the problem (seems to work here...)

Do you think it's worth my while to include this in the FreeBSD port?

It depends - I'm reasonably sure that the default initialization is working properly. (I don't know how many people have encountered the
issue - it's been noted a couple of times over the past couple of years).

But I also made the feature configurable, and (aside from seeing that it "works") had not verified all of the slices of functionality for that. So I'll do some more checks, add documentation on the $latin1-expr variable, and (assuming that no other new bugs gets reported), make that the basis for 9.7zb

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net