wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] response to Aiming for 1.0

From: ott
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] response to Aiming for 1.0
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 13:42:15 +0200

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 07:06:14PM -0700, Asa Swain wrote:
> Campaigns: I agree that unless it gets completed
> somehow, in it's current form "The Dark Hordes" is the
> weakest campaign currently included. It's a shame
> because it's one of the only campaigns I know of that
> feature the Undead. But in it's unfinished form, I
> don't think it's appropriate for 1.0. Assuming that
> all campaigns in 1.0 should be completed.

Agreed.

> I'm not sure about Son of the Black Eye. Like the dark
> hordes, it's one of the only campaigns featuring the
> orcs/northeners, so I think it is useful becuase it
> allows players to play as the orcs.  I haven't played
> it in a long time, so i don't know if certain
> scenarios are broken, but I don't mind it being just
> chapter 1 of an unfinished longer storyline.

I've been keeping this up to date and fixing bugs.  It does still need
more balancing, but at least I renamed the difficulty names so the
easiest level no longer masquerades as "easy".

> As for the perfect tutorial campaign, the obvious
> choice is "The South guard", it's a complete easy
> difficulty campaign with an engaging storyline.

Agreed -- this would be nice to include.  Personally, I would rather
see less content in the game distrubution than more, and more pointers
in the game to specific campaigns and content packs available via the
campaign server.

-- address@hidden