wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Aiming for 1.0

From: David White
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Aiming for 1.0
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 09:26:56 -0500

Richard Kettering wrote:

However, I'd like to have something that I'd be proud to show off in the years down the road, rather than something people sneer at, as they do now. Thus I am happy to continue forging as much as I can over the coming months - I have a lot of free time in the next few months.

I'm afraid I really don't understand.

How are any of the changes that have been suggested over the next few months going to change the game so much that people who currently sneer at it are instead impressed?

Usually people who sneer at a game like Wesnoth do so immediately upon seeing it because they think it has poor and/or archaic graphics and perhaps sound. Polishing things off, adding a few more animations and units, and so forth isn't going to change this as far as I can see.

David