wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Removing TDH from mainline

From: ott
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Removing TDH from mainline
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 15:37:34 +0200

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 06:45:57AM -0500, Richard Kettering wrote:
> Unless anyone has any complaints, I'd like to commit Pickslide's
> portraits of Gwiti and Nati.

Great.

> A note to everyone - Pickslide has provided a portrait for the orcish
> leader, but DO NOT commit this, as I have, after editing it, made it
> not merely a portrait for a character in TDH, but a general orcish
> leader portrait for all campaigns.

I presume you are saying that images/portraits/core/James_Woo/*.png are
your modified versions, and that these are meant for general use.

> suggest that ott, who I presume is the maintainer of this campaign,
> reference the global copy accordingly.

Not sure which campaign you are referring to here.  Benj is the SotBE
author, where Orcish leaders are most used, but certainly I am the one
who has spent the most time tweaking the campaign recently.  TDH is
maintained by Circon, though it is looking like I'll take care of the
CVS part of that job -- TDH uses several Orcish leaders as enemies,
and Gwiti also has an Orcish leader sidekick.

I would prefer to leave the artistic judgement to someone else -- if
someone wants to add some strategic references to the orcish leader
portraits to SotBE and/or TDH, please do so.

-- address@hidden