Re: [XBoard-devel] beta version

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] beta version
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:31:57 +0200

I don't see the correlation between needing different settings and having different installers. Installers are supposed to make that decision with your assistance... In fact, I can write a quick plugin for NSIS that will determine if the jaws dll loads, thus allowing an easy bypass of most questions for those running it.

Unless it's somehow beneficial to make the blind find the alternate installer. Which, maybe it is-- might make them feel special to have their own version.

Well, there is little advantage to have two packages that share no files
in a single download, and then select which of the two to unpack once
it arrives on the destination computer.