[XBoard-devel] Refactored master

From: h.g. muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Refactored master
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:10:48 +0100

I was finally satisfied with my reorganization / rewrite of the XBoard front-end code,
and rebased the contents of my 'refactor' branch onto Savannah master.
I think it would be a good idea to do a deveoper release of this new code,
because changes were very drastic, and testing would be welcome.

When I wanted to prepare the release, I ran into some problems, though:
the "make distcheck" aborts with an error. Apparently it does not like that
the GhostView filebrowser code was removed from the project, athough
I did delete the mentioning of those fimes from the Makefile.am, and had
no problems compiling XBoard itself. I did have problems regenerating
the pot/po files, though, and at some point internationalization ceased
working completely for me (the line spacing in menus and dialogs also
switching back to a smaller value).

So it seems the autoconf process is somehow broken, and I have no
idea how to fix it. Perhaps Arun can have a look at it? It must be something
very simple, related to addition or removal of source files.