Re: [XBoard-devel] Refactored master

From: Byrial Jensen
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Refactored master
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:29:43 +0200

Den 10-04-2012 20:43, address@hidden skrev:
Now that internationalization works, I could see that some label widgets in the Engine Output window got a disastrous height, because they specified an empty string (which apparently translates to a huge multi-line thing).

An empty string is "translated" to the header from the po file with typically 12 text lines of info about the file.

Anyway, I fixed that too now, by giving the icon widgets a text of a single space. (I guess I could have put an explicit test for emptiness suppressing the translation in the code as well, but this was simpler.)

I would avoid calling gettext() with anything not intended to to translated.