Re: [XBoard-devel] Xboard 4.9 status?

From: Joshua Pettus
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Xboard 4.9 status?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 00:35:15 -0500

Congrats on Fairymax 5. I love the alliteration ;) !

All of that makes a lot of sense.

Another thing I’m starting to notice with your development version, the GUI
opening book function doesn’t seem to override the engine like I expect,  and
appears rather broken.   I tried various opening books and had the same result.
 I go to common engine, check Use GUI Book,  select a book, and uncheck Engine
1 and 2 have opening books.  The engines then move as if there were no book.
4.8.0 this worked fine.

I know I mentioned this before,  I still kinda like to see common engine moved
to the engine menu with first and second engine settings.  To me, it seems less
confusing, at least from a practical standpoint.  In my eyes its less of an
xboard settings menu and more directly effects how engines behave.  Or maybe
move engine 1 and 2 settings menus to options as they are really options menus.
 Either way, some consistency is needed, as those three menus go together.

What do you think?

Josh