Re: [XBoard-devel] Xboard 4.9 status?

From: Joshua Pettus
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Xboard 4.9 status?
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 00:39:51 -0500

Hey Harm,

At some point we talked about getting rid of the need for using the terminal in
ICS play now that we have the ICS/chatbox window.  For the mac release, I would
like to use simple .xop files (partially to demo their existence and how to use
them) instead of the complex bash scripts I’m using now to launch xboard with
an ICS.  The thing is, to trigger xboard on mac with an xop file, or command
line for that matter, doesn’t actually open xboard in the same process as the
terminal emulator. It opens a second one.  As such. if  we use these methods to
launch xboard in ics mode, we get the "End of file” error. and xboard is
unstable (clicking on the board while ingame tends to QTD).

Is this something simple we can fix now or should we wait for later?

Josh