Re: [XBoard-devel] Xboard 4.9 status?

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Xboard 4.9 status?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 20:40:19 +0100

OK, I solved the book problem, the weirdness in the Edit Position click-click moving (the patch that makes a double-click on a piece start a copy operation rather than a move had broken it, because it also took mouse-button release events into account when timing for a double-click), and the problems when starting from a position file (LoadGame() was copying the start position directly from a board not directly initialized when reading the position file, instead of using InitPosition).

I decided to drop the <Return> = 'OK' in GTK dialogs, as I could not get it to work satisfactory in spin controls. Besides, it is in the GTK front end, and could interfere with the GTK3 stuff.

That leaves the highlight problem in the Engine Output window for PV walking, about which I am completely clueless. Does anyone else have this problem?

And I am still thinking on whether I should do something for Tamerlane Chess.

H.G.