xlog-discussion

[Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9

From: Karl Larsen
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:54:35 -0600 (MDT)

        A real Expert Tomi Mannion and a novice Karl Larsen have been
trying to get xlog to load on the subject linux. I am to this point
today:

error: Failed dependencies:
        libexpat.so.1 is needed by xlog-0.9.6-1
address@hidden karl]#

        This real odd because I HAVE libexpat.so.1 which is a sim link
to an earlier version. But the rpm can't seem to find it.

        I got several versions in tarball form and none of them run on
this linux. I have a friend with the newer Fedora core 1 and 2 and Xlog
will not run on those either.

        Tomi Mannion put Xlog as the logger for his very fine gMFSK all
digital mode linux software. His software loads on anything!

        If anyone has got Xlog to run on any version of Red Hat please
tell me what you did.