xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:25:36 +0200 (CEST)

>       Tomi Mannion put Xlog as the logger for his very fine gMFSK all
> digital mode linux software. His software loads on anything!

Tomi develops on RedHat, so his gmfsk binary rpm will most probably run
fine on your redhat system. I develop on Debian, which can cause problems
for anyone not using Debian when trying the rpm, because of library
dependencies.

So, try the rpm at your own risk. If it don't work, try building from source.
Alternatively, people could make rpm's available build of their versions
of redhat, mandrake or whatever.

Joop