xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Red Hat version 9
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:15:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Karl,

>       A real Expert Tomi Mannion and a novice Karl Larsen have been
> trying to get xlog to load on the subject linux. I am to this point
> today:
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libexpat.so.1 is needed by xlog-0.9.6-1
> address@hidden karl]#
>
>       This real odd because I HAVE libexpat.so.1 which is a sim link
> to an earlier version. But the rpm can't seem to find it.

You can try to install with the --nodeps option and cross your fingers.

>       I got several versions in tarball form and none of them run on
> this linux. I have a friend with the newer Fedora core 1 and 2 and Xlog
> will not run on those either.

Do you mean run or compile?

>       Tomi Mannion put Xlog as the logger for his very fine gMFSK all
> digital mode linux software. His software loads on anything!
>
>       If anyone has got Xlog to run on any version of Red Hat please
> tell me what you did.

I am using the latest xlog on a laptop running Fedora Core 1. I have compiled it
from the source tarball and I didn't have any troubles during the process. If
you
give some more details on where it fails I might be able to help you.

73
Alex, OZ9AEC