Re: [Chicken-users] ideas

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ideas
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:18:42 -0500

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 11:12:12PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> equations are done with eqn, a troff preprocessor -- you can do
> similarly for images.

Interesting...

> mdoc isn't actually so bad. I find tex/latex equally obscure at times.
> But really, none of these solutions are entirely pleasing. :(

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. The only reason I say use LaTeX(I
suppose I've never actually used TeX itself, just LaTeX which is a
"package" on top of TeX) is because the experience I've had with it has
been very nice. I've seen it used on the scale of a 400 page manual
(for the product I work on for my living) and it has index, table of
contents, reference capabilities, and is easy to modify and tries to
leave the content looking the most like real english(the most important
thing I think) out of all of the ones we've talked about so far.

-pete

P.S. Ok, maybe I am a zealot about some things. :)