RE: [External] : Re: POLL: make C-x o transient

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: POLL: make C-x o transient
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 17:32:48 +0000

> > Which will make `C-x o` invoke a transient version of
> > `other-window' like `text-scale-adjust’ does.
>
> I would really like to have "C-x o o o o" feature to cycle through
> frame's windows. I think one cycling direction is enough because frames
> don't usually have large number of windows. On the other hand even "C-x
> o o" is much nicer than "C-x o C-x o".

Agreed.  We should bind a _repeatable_ version
of `other-window' to `C-x o'.

And we should consider doing likewise for
other non-repeatable commands where it makes
sense: give their existing bindings to
repeatable versions.

(You can of course already, today, use
`C-x o C-x z z z z...'.  Not a big difference
from `C-x o o o o o': Just add a `C-x' and
repeat `z' instead of `o'.)