Re: POLL: make C-x o transient

From: Howard Melman
Subject: Re: POLL: make C-x o transient
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 13:10:45 -0500

Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:

>> Which will make `C-x o` invoke a transient version of `other-window'
>> like `text-scale-adjust’ does.
>
> I would really like to have "C-x o o o o" feature to cycle through
> frame's windows. I think one cycling direction is enough because frames
> don't usually have large number of windows. On the other hand even "C-x
> o o" is much nicer than "C-x o C-x o".

For those that don't know about it, I use ace-window to
solve this problem.  You can configure it to work like
other-window with a small number of windows but when there
are more, it puts a label in each window with a unique key
that allows O(1) direct access to select that window.  It can
work within a frame or across all frames.  There are more
advanced features to allow deletion and other window
changes.

--

Howard