Re: POLL: make C-x o transient

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: POLL: make C-x o transient
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:44:24 +0200

> I played with a version of Juri's patch that bound "." to repeat the
> repeatable command, and then tried to implement "," to that command passed -
> 1, but I had a little trouble getting it to DTRT, and then got sidetracked
> by a version that used #'repeat instead of this-command.

Clever idea.  It looks like you changed this line in my version:

         (define-key map (vector last-key) this-command)
         (define-key map "." 'repeat)

and it gives a wonderful result: typing 'C-- .' reverses the direction
of window navigation, so every next '.' traverses windows in the opposite
direction (then it's possible to change direction again with 'C-u .')