Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: What's missing in ELisp that makes people want to use cl-lib?
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 21:53:32 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>>> It isn't like we as a project never made any mistakes, but
>>> there's no reason to assume this decision is one of them
>>> until we have ample evidence.
>>
>> Seq is 10 years in Emacs
>
> It is preloaded only since a little more than a year ago.

Why is it important again if something is preloaded or not?

What does it mean in terms of technology?

And apart from technology, is it also some kind of
political signal?

I must admit, both points are vague to me. We understand that
the increase in complexity of Elisp because of the use of
cl-lib is unrelated to when cl-lib is loaded.

Because one would have to assume it is loaded when used.
And if it isn't used, it cannot really be a cause of
increased complexity.

Are you keeping it out of some preloaded subset of Elisp?
Is that "the last stand" vs Common Lisp that Elisp is making?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal