Re: BUG: org-cycle does not unfold some subtrees

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: BUG: org-cycle does not unfold some subtrees
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 21:53:12 -1000

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:

You can try
M-x debug-on-variable-change <RET> org-fold-core-style <RET>

In case it's helpful, I set debug-on-variable-change as you suggested but was bitten by the bug without triggering the debugger.

Which likely means that something is calling folding functions from
outline.el instead of Org-native folding.

Excellent!

Would it be useful for me to search for calls to the folding functions from outline.el in the source code of the Org packages that Spacemacs and I load?

If so, tips on how to do this efficiently are welcome.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye