Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 11:34:17 +0000

Karthik Chikmagalur <karthikchikmagalur@gmail.com> writes:

> As a result of this issue (plus other issues with xelatex), I'm
> considering adding an option to specify different LaTeX compilers for
> previews and exports, with the default option continuing to be
> the value of `org-latex-compiler'.

I am not sure if it is a good idea.
I can easily see Lualatex-specific preamble simply failing to work on
Latex. Or things being rendered wrongly.

One option could be trying pdflatex first and falling back to the
default compiler on failure. But only as non-default option.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,