Re: [DISCUSSION] Re-design of inlinetasks

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] Re-design of inlinetasks
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 17:58:20 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> 1. Inlinetasks should be exported as "boxes" - something similar to
>    margin or inline notes
>    - Can be used as a memo TODO in draft publication printout
>    - As Samuel suggested, inlinetasks could be a basis of review
>      comments - like what GDocs/Office provides in margin "chat"

I think inlinetasks may also have a use for those sections that are not
"nested". In typography they are usually called "anonymous sections" and
they are separated by some symbol (asterisks, dinkus[1], etc.). They
behave like a true section, except that they are not headed by titles or
level numbers. I think Org's support for these types of sections would
be useful and novel, since there is (as far as I know) nothing similar
in other lightweight markup languages. Anonymous sections can be useful
not only in print or PDF texts but also on web pages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinkus

Best regards,

Juan Manuel