Re: Possible File Saving Bug with [/]?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Possible File Saving Bug with [/]?
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 08:34:38 +0000

Summer Emacs <summeremacs@summerstar.me> writes:

> I have a .org file which is just a list of Emacs commands I like to keep
> handy to refer to (navigation, selection, commands in some modes etc…) One of
> these had help about the [/] command for a header for a list. However,
> because I had [/] and no numbers in it (it was just an example to show me how
> to do it if I forgot), it kept saving a backup copy of that file anytime that
> I saved it, and kept that backup “alive” to track. The name of the regular
> file is emacshelp.org, and the file it kept creating in my directory was
> .#emacshelp.org#  ->
> summer@summer.localhost.randomnumberhere:randomportnumberhere

Thanks for the report!
Unfortunately, it is not clear to me what exactly is going on from your
description.
May you please provide more detailed instructions how to trigger the
observed behavior? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,