Re: Possible File Saving Bug with [/]?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Possible File Saving Bug with [/]?
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 11:19:20 +0000

Summer Emacs <summeremacs@summerstar.me> writes:

>> Without more information, I cannot provide more assistance
>> unfortunately. I also do not see how we can help on Org side as the
>> problem _appears_ to be with your personal config.
>>

> Again: My config works with all of my other files. Every single one. Org
> files, md files, .txt files - you name it. It’s *only* when I put [/] in an
> org file just like that. That’s the only time my saves/backups ever borked on
> me. So that’s why I reached out. If my config was doing this in general, I
> wouldn’t have thought it was an Org issue. But since it *only* occurs with an
> org file which has an empty [/] and no list under it, I thought maybe it
> would be an org issue. I could be wrong, but since that’s what triggers
> it…you tell me.

So, it is even more specific: Org + your config + specific file.
Which may or may not mean a real problem on Org side, but I cannot tell
without information sufficient for me to replicate the problem locally.

> As for it being an inconvenient: it’s not. Since I escape the [/] with = =,
> it doesn’t do that anymore. So no worries there. It’s the only example I have
> where I use that without a list under it for it to evaluate. So it’s not
> actually an issue anymore.

Good to hear that you do not need to deal with it any more.

> ... I just figured I would call your attention to it possibly being a bug if
> that ever happens again to somebody else. 🙃

Thanks!

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,