Re: ox-latex language handling in Org-9.5 vs 9.6

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: ox-latex language handling in Org-9.5 vs 9.6
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 14:19:29 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:

>> In both lists the language code for German is simply "de". Of course,
>> I'm no expert on the subject, so if I'm wrong in this case, I should
>> revert the change. I understand that de-de is German of Germany (="de"?); on
>> org-latex-language-alist exists de-at (Austrian German). The babel ini
>> file for german babel/locale/de/babel-de.ini has this id:
>
> I understand the motivation, but the end result is a clear regression.
> May you please review 97cfb959d and recover the removed language names
> to put into #+language as aliases to their correct names?

I think I can introduce some fixes to org-latex-language-alist to
restore the removed language codes, without breaking the new and
maintaining compatibility with the old. As soon as I have some time I
will send a patch. Probably this weekend.

--
Juan Manuel Macías

https://juanmanuelmacias.com

https://lunotipia.juanmanuelmacias.com