Re: Completion of links to man pages

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Completion of links to man pages
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 19:20:26 +0700

On 05/10/2023 18:40, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
[ CCing emacs-devel ]

To emacs-devel: Would it be of interest to expose man/woman completion
API?

Since Org mode supports a couple of previous Emacs versions, I would avoid cross-posting. I just sent a draft to evaluate if code can be added to Org.

     (let ((completion-ignore-case t)) ; See `man' comments.

`completion-ignore-case' is not set in woman.

There are enough inconsistencies between man and woman, I am unsure if all of them should be mirrored in Org mode.

Frankly speaking, I am unsure if woman should be supported in Org at all. My early experience with woman.el was not nice. I tried M-x woman RET ssh RET (openssh).