Re: Exporting Hyperlinks ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Exporting Hyperlinks ?
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 19:11:41 -0700

> On 01/11/2023 11:24, David Masterson wrote:
>> In the Org Mode documentation, I see how hyperlinks are handled in HTML
>> export and how images are handled in Latex export, but is there a clear
>> description of how hyperlinks are handled across export engines
>> (particularly the standard ones)?
>
> Only the code may be more complete reference than backend-specific
> sections in the manual. There are some issues (e.g. cross-file id
> links), but in general links should work.

Hmm. I'm using CUSTOM_ID links to make a rudimentary Contact DB.

>> I see that the PDF viewer is seeing
>> file links from exported PDFs from Latex as links, but it seems
>> incomplete (ie. link to a file, but not to a particular CUSTOM_ID in the
>> file).
>
> It seems ::search part is stripped. Perhaps ::#anchor should be
> exported as #anchor, however it is more tricky with line numbers or
> text search variants.

If I understand what you mean by "anchor", does Org create an anchor in
exporting to Latex when it sees a CUSTOM_ID property in an item?  Then,
would the search in the hyperlink reference the anchor?  Your examples
weren't precise enough for me to follow.

Thanks
--
David Masterson