Re: Exporting Hyperlinks ?

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Exporting Hyperlinks ?
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 22:24:14 +0700

On 02/11/2023 09:11, David Masterson wrote:
If I understand what you mean by "anchor", does Org create an anchor in
exporting to Latex when it sees a CUSTOM_ID property in an item?  Then,
would the search in the hyperlink reference the anchor?  Your examples
weren't precise enough for me to follow.

You are right. Despite `org-latex-prefer-user-labels' exists, it currently affects LaTeX label names only, so it is possible to reference them as #page.2, #section.3, but not as #custom_id. ox-beamer however adds \hypertarget{anchor}... for Org <<anchor>>, so in PDF it can be referenced as #anchor.

So ox-latex should be improved to add \hypertarget commands for CUSTOM_ID.

Originally I suspected only issues with links.

To get links between HTML documents where CUSTOM_ID are not used, it is necessary to rely on org-publish to track autogenerated anchors. I am unsure if publish works for LaTeX.

By the way, does Chrome support #anchor within PDF files? I have tried to add various variants of #fragement to file:///tmp/test.pdf, but without success. Bookmarks (table of contents) sidebar and clicking on internal links works however. For the same file xpdf-3 (xpopple) works correctly

xpdf test.pdf +page.2
xpdf test.pdf +section.2
xpdf test.pdf +anchor

(The last one is added using explicit \hypertarget)

P.S.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Hyperlinks