Re: problems with templates and ID in properties

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: problems with templates and ID in properties
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 13:48:32 +0000

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I have the following setting
>
> (setq org-capture-templates
>          "** TODO ...
>
> and I am facing two problems.
> When I call org-capture and select this template the corresponding buffer
>     1) the corresponding CAPTURE buffer looks like
> * TODO G13 <2024-02-02 12:06> :Annu24: Joe Foo
> In other words ** has been replaced by * which I don't understand.

This is expected. As per `org-capture-templates' docstring, "entry"
capture type inserts top-level entries into files:

               entry       an Org node, with a headline.  Will be filed
                           as the child of the target entry or as a
                           top-level entry.  Its default template is:
                             "* %?

> The second problem is concerns the ID
> the resulting entry looks
> * TODO G13 <2024-02-02 12:06> :Annu24: Joe Foo
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :ID:       298f63f5-b67c-4c21-a820-2c8a6501b48c
>   :END:
>          :Email2:  jane@gmail.com
> So automatically an ID has been inserted, that is fine but now there are
> two ENDS which I have manually to repair (and the indentation is wrong)

I am unable to reproduce this problem.
May you please simplify the example, so that it can be reproduced
starting from emacs -Q?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,